Senior Public Relations Strategist
829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Adweek 100 Fastest-Growing Digital Agencies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. We’re a certified Great Place to Work® and have been recognized by Outside Magazine as a Best Place to Work. Our projects and team members have received awards from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards, and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations, and more. We're proud to be working with STANLEY Black & Decker, OARS, Hilton Hotels, Stanford University, and hundreds of other companies that share our passion for performance marketing.
The Senior PR Strategist position is a senior level role on 829’s Public Relations team. This role requires a mastery of the Luxury Travel and Destinations markets. You must have a strong communications expert to design and implement PR strategies that cultivate relationships with media for our clients, engage their target audiences and boost brand awareness across a wide range of projects and industries. This position combines team collaboration with hands-on work - it involves consistent client contact and confidence in owning presentations and deliverables. By collaborating with clients and our in-house team of marketing account managers, strategists, and operators you will gather user and competitive research, then translate your insights into brand and project goals.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop strong relationships with clients. You know everything about your clients' goals, personalities, and priorities. You prepare thorough questions and synthesize insights into innovative human-centered strategies. You are confident in leading discussions, building strategy, and conducting presentations with both seasoned marketing professionals and newbies.
- Do the research. Conduct competitive and user research through workshops, user testing, exercises, surveys, and any other format that gets you the insights you need. You have expert command of a "toolkit" that you can reference based on the needs of a project.
- Maintain best practices. Ensure that protocols are being followed. Evolve processes, offerings, deliverable formats and when you see opportunities to make improvements.
- Daily media monitoring and reporting of coverage that affects agency and client business. Manage reporting, including the collection and tracking of results. Write and edit media materials & social media content including pitches, press releases, press kits, fact sheets, infographics, bios, blogs, newsletters, case studies, award submissions, official statements, letters from leadership, social ads, branded content, Q&A’s, etc.
- Research, develop and maintain media list, media sourcing services and editorial calendar.
- Pitch top tier short/long-lead print, online, virtual and broadcast media outlets and secure national and localized impact stories as well as consistent interview opportunities.
- Keep up to date on industry and media trends, editorial calendars, themes, deadlines to create opportunities for clients.
- Produce and organize client events - venue, F+B, invites, guest list management. Manage and produce media coverage or activations at client events and conferences.
- Manage the influencer marketing for agency clients and ensure selected influencers are a positive representation of the client’s brand, mission, and values
- Coordinate influencer marketing agreements, deliverables, and fulfillment of agreed upon terms
Qualifications & Skills
- 6+ years of PR experience - agency experience is required
- Exceptional critical thinking, communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- The ability to problem-solve, confidently make decisions and lead projects with empathy and authority
- Demonstrated success in implementing media campaigns, including social media influencer marketing
- Track record of developing successful working relationships with the press and securing media coverage in a variety of outlet types
- Offering crisis management and counsel to clients and extending networking opportunities
- An understanding of integrated digital marketing and its various components and the foresight and understanding to loop in additional marketing disciplines when appropriate - SEO, Paid Advertising, Inbound, and EComm
Benefits & Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance. Summer Fridays Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% Safe Harbor employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Commuter Benefits. Allocate pre-tax funds towards your commute to save up to 40% per year in transportation expenses.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.