Senior WordPress Developer
829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Adweek 100 Fastest-Growing Digital Agencies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. We’re a certified Great Place to Work® and have been recognized by Outside Magazine as a Best Place to Work. Our projects and team members have received awards from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards, and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations, and more. We're proud to be working with STANLEY Black & Decker, OARS, Hilton Hotels, Stanford University, and hundreds of other companies that share our passion for performance marketing.
The Senior WordPress Developer works closely with 829 Studios’ in-house Client Success Team, and associated developers, to expand and maintain large-scale, award-winning websites. This role requires high attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills; as well as excellent client communication. This is a great opportunity to work on a wide range of projects ranging from small businesses to international corporations.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage WordPress Website Builds. As a Senior WordPress Developer, you will be responsible for the overarching architecture of multiple websites--specifically the back end. You will be setting up custom blocks and templates using 829 Studios’ base WordPress theme.
- Client Communication. You are adept at handling client communication to convey project status, taking complex technical solutions and explaining them in a simple to understand way for clients. You are also familiar with raising risks and/or roadblocks proactively to keep clients informed.
- Collaborate with Other Developers. For most projects, you will collaborate with at least one other developer on the build. You'll have great written and verbal communication skills to work together as a team.
- Integrate Wordpress with a variety of 3rd party APIs. Connect to 3rd party services via REST API and pull data to and from WordPress in a continuous manner to deliver a seamless front end experience.
- WCAG/ADA Compliance. You adhere to high standards of compliance to ensure your websites are accessible to the largest community of users.
Qualifications & Skills
- Expert knowledge of WordPress and constructing high-performing websites in an agency setting.
- Ability to work within custom theme and plugin development (no theme builders) and Advanced Custom Fields (ACF).
- Expert knowledge of front-end websites and applications using HTML5, CSS3, SASS, PHP, and ES6.
- Experience working with Rest API, pulling and pushing data, creating bi-directional sync processes
- Strong grasp of media queries and responsive design.
- Familiarity with Git version control system and deployment procedures.
- Working knowledge of Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, and/or Sketch for extracting graphical assets.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting & research.
- Experience in following Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Experience with front-end build tools (Gulp & Webpack).
- Has experience with the following tools: ClickUp, Google Suite, Browserstack, Local By Flywheel, ActiveCollab, & Visual Studio Code.
- Experience connecting websites with Salesforce.
- Knows the JS frameworks such as React, AngularJS, and/or Vue.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Has experience with eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce.
- Experience reading, deciphering and implementing third party REST APIs.
- Has experience with DevOps & is comfortable working within WP Engine, AWS platform, terminal, Ubuntu, & NGINX.
Benefits & Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance. Summer Fridays Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% Safe Harbor employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Commuter Benefits. Allocate pre-tax funds towards your commute to save up to 40% per year in transportation expenses.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.