WordPress Development Lead
829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Adweek 100 Fastest-Growing Digital Agencies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. We’re a certified Great Place to Work® and have been recognized by Outside Magazine as a Best Place to Work. Our projects and team members have received awards from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards, and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations, and more. We're proud to be working with STANLEY Black & Decker, OARS, Hilton Hotels, Stanford University, and hundreds of other companies that share our passion for performance marketing.
The WordPress Development Lead works closely with 829 Studios’ in-house Client Success Team, and developers, to expand and maintain award-winning websites. This role requires high attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to delegate and balance a myriad of tasks; as well as excellent client communication. This is a great opportunity to manage a team across a wide range of projects ranging from small business to international corporations.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage WordPress Website Maintenance. As a WordPress Development Lead, you will be responsible for maintaining the overarching architecture of multiple websites - specifically the back end. This involves setting up custom blocks and templates using 829 Studios’ base WordPress theme in addition to supporting a variety of custom developed WordPress solutions.
- Client Communication. You are adept at handling client communication to convey project status, taking complex technical solutions and explaining them in a simple to understand way for clients. You are also familiar with raising risks and/or roadblocks proactively to keep clients informed.
- Lead Other Developers. Collaborate with and manage a small team of developers and / or contractors. You have experience managing people, providing constructive feedback, and handling performance reviews and 1:1 conversations autonomously. The person in this role has great written and verbal communication skills and the ability to triage, prioritize and delegate tasks
- Manage multiple projects and recurring contracts. In conjunction with our Client Success Team, you are responsible for managing a myriad of projects and ongoing contracts. This includes evaluating and recommending solutions, assigning and balancing work across your team, and QAing solutions in a timely manner.
- Integrate Wordpress with a variety of 3rd party APIs. You know how to connect to 3rd party services via REST API and pull data to and from WordPress in a continuous manner to deliver a seamless front end experience.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 4 years in a WordPress development role.
- Experience managing a small team of developers.
- Expert knowledge of WordPress and constructing high-performing websites in an agency setting.
- Ability to work within custom theme and plugin development and Advanced Custom Fields (ACF).
- Ability to audit a variety of WordPress configurations to determine issues and optimizations.
- Expert knowledge of front-end websites and applications using HTML5, CSS3, SASS, PHP, and ES6.
- Experience working with Rest API, pulling and pushing data, creating bi-directional sync processes
- Strong grasp of media queries and responsive design.
- Strong familiarity with a version control system (GIT) and deployment procedures, including QA and code review in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of Figma, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, and/or Sketch for extracting graphical assets.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including troubleshooting & research.
- Experience in following Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Experience with front-end build tools (Gulp & Webpack).
- Experience managing a small team.
- Experience with DevOps & is comfortable working within WP Engine, AWS platform, terminal, Ubuntu, & NGINX.
- Has experience with the following tools: ClickUp, Google Suite, Browserstack, Local By Flywheel, ActiveCollab, & Visual Studio Code.
- API integration experience with major CRMs (Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.)
- Knows the JS frameworks such as React, AngularJS, and/or Vue.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Has experience with eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce.
- Experience reading, deciphering and implementing third party REST APIs.
- Has experience with DevOps & is comfortable working within WP Engine, AWS platform, terminal, Ubuntu, & NGINX.
- Familiarity with WCAG/ADA compliance and the ability to develop and maintain sites to ensure your websites are accessible to the largest community of users.
Benefits & Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance. Summer Fridays Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% Safe Harbor employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Commuter Benefits. Allocate pre-tax funds towards your commute to save up to 40% per year in transportation expenses.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.