829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Adweek 100 Fastest-Growing Digital Agencies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. We’re a certified Great Place to Work® and have been recognized by Outside Magazine as a Best Place to Work. Our projects and team members have received awards from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards, and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations, and more. We're proud to be working with STANLEY Black & Decker, OARS, Hilton Hotels, Stanford University, and hundreds of other companies that share our passion for performance marketing.
We’re growing our SEO Team and you might be our new addition! As an SEO Strategist, you’ll be responsible for managing relationships with high-profile clients, curating unique growth strategies, and executing technical, on-page, and off-page optimizations. An ideal candidate for this role will be expected to be well-versed in various types of comprehensive research, including search and traffic trends, industry and competition analyses, as well as thorough keyword audits.
You will be expected to build data-informed and keyword-focused content strategies by analyzing and optimizing clients’ owned content, as well as creating new SEO-driven content recommendations. An ideal candidate for this role will also demonstrate versatility in identifying and implementing technical SEO recommendations, such as site speed optimization, image compression, or Structured Data generation. This SEO Strategist will demonstrate a solid understanding and knowledge of SEO as well as integrated digital marketing as a whole and have the confidence to recommend, effectively communicate, and implement SEO opportunities to fit the clients’ unique needs. Experience with Online Reputation Management is a big plus.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform in-depth SEO audits for various websites and provide scalable optimization recommendations
- Create and execute custom SEO strategies for ranking content/websites with large, enterprise, or Fortune 500 brands
- Activate technical and on-page initiatives directly in the CMS backend
- Develop in-depth content strategy based on elaborate keyword research, competitor review, and content gap analysis
- Optimize website content to follow SEO best practices
- Collect valuable insights and metrics, effectively utilizing set KPIs to adjust strategy when needed
- Present and communicate directly with client teams, including stakeholders with varied levels of SEO or digital marketing knowledge
- Assist account managers with client communications around organic search knowledge and recommendations to develop and deliver a clear strategic vision to each client
- Strategize reputation management efforts, including review management & content suppression
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 4+ years of SEO experience in an agency environment
- Expert-level proficiency with analytical tools and software - Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMRush, ScreamingFrog, etc.
- Ability to review and analyze organic search data to make specific SEO recommendations
- Experience with Wordpress, Shopify, and other comparable CMSs
- Ability to build insightful reporting dashboards, analyze and present Google Data Studio reports to clients
- Experience with a project management software
- Experience managing and mentoring a small team
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and the initiative to lead advanced SEO projects
- Demonstrate success in developing and executing successful SEO campaigns
- Working knowledge Yext, Moz Local, BrightLocal, Birdeye, or similar tools
- Online Reputation Management experience
- Familiarity with GA4 and Google Tag Manager and the ability to troubleshoot website tracking
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Conductor/DeepCrawl
Benefits & Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance. Summer Fridays Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% Safe Harbor employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Commuter Benefits. Allocate pre-tax funds towards your commute to save up to 40% per year in transportation expenses.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.